Occupational Health Senior Specialist | Permanent | Galway.
Our client, a medical diagnostic company are looking for an Occupational Health Senior Specialist to join their team on a permanent basis. You would be working in the Infectious Diseases Emerging Market (IDEM) division and reporting to the IDEM EHS Manager.
As the Occupational Health Senior Specialist, you will provide strategic leadership, consultation, and direction globally to all IDEM sites in Occupational Health.
What you will be responsible for:
- You will serve as expert contact on occupational health inquiries involving peer companies, e.g. benchmarking surveys
- You will Lead Occupational Health audits and site Occupational Health assessments
- You will provide Occupational Health external and internal compliance support
- You will assist IDEM sites and affiliates in establishing and maintaining OH programs with focus on the prevention and treatment of work-related illnesses and injuries and the promotion of employee health and productivity,
- You will serve as expert in occupational health and safety education and training
- You will develop division-wide Procedures and Technical Guidelines relevant to occupational health programs and assists organizations implementing the Procedures.
- You will be responsible for knowledge and compliance with pertinent laws and regulations governing occupational health and safety
- You will interview and support selection process of Occupational Health candidates for all sites
- Provides orientation training for new Occupational Health professionals across the division
- You will be up to date on relevant emerging technologies and regulatory issues that may impact the business; provides innovative, achievable, and practical solutions to OH clients.
What we need from you:
- Undergraduate degree in nursing required. Master’s degree in nursing, occupational or public health, or business highly recommended
- Certification in occupational health nursing required.
- Current license or registration to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in Occupational Health nursing required.
- Prior experience in occupational health in a plant operations environment desired.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills and attention to detail required.
- Experience in managing moderate/large initiatives, projects, or systems.
If you are interested in this role please apply to this role with an updated CV to Rebecca O'Connor at email@example.com.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.