My client based in the public sector is looking for an Audit specialist for a long term contract position - Remote - Cork based
Reporting to the Audit and Risk Manager you will be
- Evaluating the accounting systems of funded organisations, with a particular emphasis on ensuring a transparent audit trail between expenditure returns submitted and financial records maintained
- Assessing the eligibility and classification of all monies spent by beneficiaries to ensure they comply with the terms and conditions attached to the relevant funds
- Monitoring actual expenditure incurred by funded beneficiaries against agreed budgets and highlighting any significant variances
- Assessing systems of internal control
- Developing and utilising risk management tools, particularly in the context of audit planning, fieldwork methodologies and reporting
- Conducting and/or assisting with risk audits in instances where specific problems affecting funding are suspected or identified
- Preparing comprehensive management letters and reports which incorporate findings, conclusions and recommendations in a timely manner
- Establishing and maintaining collaborative working relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders
- Providing assistance with the induction/training of new staff
The ideal candidate:
- Recognised accounting qualification.
- Extensive auditing experience
- Experience of working independently and as part of a team
- Proficient in MS packages e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, etc.
- Evidence of producing high quality reports and written materials
- Strong financial management experience and knowledge.
To apply for this role please contact Maria Sheehy on 021 4847131 or email email@example.com
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.