My client is looking to appoint a Life Sciences Director to lead their Life Sciences service offering based out of offices located in Dublin, Cork or Galway.
The Life Sciences Director is responsible for the overall leadership of the provision of Project Management and related service offerings into the Life Sciences sector. They will be primarily responsible for managing the performance of the sector-specific service delivery team. The performance of this team will be primarily measured by project profitability, turnover growth, and client satisfaction. Also, the Life Sciences Director will collaborate closely with the Group Board of Directors and business unit leaders on business development and will provide high-level support to marketing.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining sufficient and effective sales effort to keep the team productively engaged plus meet annual growth targets
- Participating in regional and/or national trade organizations to promote service offerings
- Determines which leads are worthy of follow-up & making sales presentations
- Generally responsible for the achievement of financial goals for the Life Sciences sector
- Searching for new ways to increase team productivity – embrace digitalization
- Identifying and proposes new opportunities for diversification and long-term profitability
- Working with the Group Board of Directors and business unit leaders assign team members to each project or income-earning activity
- Maintaining general supervision over all activities for which the team is responsible to ensure technical and financial competences
- Interviewing appropriate candidates for hiring and negotiates salaries, staying within company guidelines
- Developing and maintaining subject matter expertise
- Staying abreast of current advances in the profession by selected appropriate reading, public meetings, conferences, etc.
- Helping to ensure that projects meet profitability and quality standards
- Working with the operations team to ensure ISO compliance
- Interacting with Group Board of Directors and business unit leaders regularly to ensure business unit and overall company needs are being met
- 15+ years’ industry experience in Project Management within the Life Sciences sector
- Must have a strong technical / discipline background along with deep experience running projects in the Life Sciences sector
- 3rd level Degree
- Progressive ability, capacity and aptitude in administration to plan, organize, supervise and coordinate technical work and to obtain cooperation from others
- Analytical thinking, structured problem-solving skills, superior communication skills, team building, and strong work ethic
- Proven ability in managing teams
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current job opportunity please contact Marcel Skolimowski on 021 4847 138 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.