As the R&D Manager, you will be responsible for growing and developing the R&D team with a key focus on inventing complex problems. My client is a small start-up company that's working on a novel idea that no one else in the world is working on right now.
- Support and advise the VP of R&D, managing day to day R&D activities, ensuring high performance as a motivated, cohesive team, committed to delivering world class products.
- Provide technical leadership to the R&D team, promoting a culture of technical innovation, first principles engineering, and a philosophy of being knowledge leaders in the field.
- Work with other technical leaders, managers and senior management to influence and promote business priorities, de-risking and resourcing as needed to deliver on milestones.
- Promote a quality culture across R&D team, grounded in compliance and delivering products to specification on time and in budget.
- Support KOL relationship development with technical demonstrations, data, presentations.
- Build a well-functioning team, developing talent, overseeing training, and providing constructive feedback and performance reviews.
- Support the VP of R&D in managing the innovation process, invention disclosure and IP filing.
- Support pre-clinical, clinical and commercial initiatives.
- A BSc in biomedical, electrical, mechanical, materials or industrial engineering. A Masters or PhD in a related field is highly desirable.
- 10+ years experience in R&D management in MedTech, with a track record of bringing new products through development to commercialization.
- Demonstrated leadership experience managing cross-functional, geographically dispersed teams on complex projects, delivering outstanding results.
- Excellent written, interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- High level of self-motivation, proactive attitude, and sense of ownership and personal responsibility.
- Lead by example to build a positive, supportive, respectful culture that motivates and enables the team to accomplish strategic objectives, taking ownership for decisions and meeting commitments.
- Direct reports experience and medical device experience is essential.
For more information, please contact Emma on 091 455 307.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.