Medical Device Toxicologist | Galway | Permanent.
Our client, a global leader in Medical Devices are looking for a Medical Device Toxicologist to join their team on a permanent basis. Please note that this role is not a lab-based role.
Within this role you will provide support for biocompatibility processes initiated by department management and ensure biocompatibility and toxicology related information and data are accurate, reliable, and support business objectives as consistent with Global Preclinical objectives and Quality Management System requirements.
You will be initially working remotely.
What you will be responsible for:
- You will demonstrate a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality.
- You will develop Biocompatibility and chemical characterization test plans, compose Biocompatibility Assessments and Reports, and assess test data and reports as necessary to support business objectives.
- You will write toxicological risk assessments as assigned to support divisional objectives.
- You will provide input on the regulatory requirements related to medical device submissions. on procedures, techniques, concepts, and approaches used at divisional levels for biocompatibility and toxicology programs
- You will be seen as a resource for biocompatibility and toxicology information for medical devices and pharmaceutical materials.
- You will be in communication with internal customers on biocompatibility and toxicology issues and supports problem solving and resolution related to biocompatibility assessments, chemical characterization, and toxicological risk assessments
- You will be providing input on biocompatibility, chemistry, and toxicology testing related to new investigational and strategic device development programs during Technology and Product development programs.
What we need from you:
- Honours Degree (NFQ Level 8 / 240 Credits) in Science or similar discipline – Biomedical, Toxicology, Chemistry or Microbiology.
- You would have a minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a science-based role in a highly regulated environment.
- Medical Device experience would be a high advantage.
- You would have strong technical writing and documentation skills.
- You would have project management experience.
What we can offer you:
- Comprehensive Benefits.
- Career Growth.
- Life - Work integration.
- The opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives.
If you are interested in this job, please apply with a copy of your updated CV to Rebecca O'Connor at ROconnor@sigmar.ie
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.