Software Engineering Director
Growth opportunity for a Software Engineering Director to grow, lead and mentor our Dublin based engineering teams
As a coach and mentor, the Director guides the team towards advancing mission and business objectives.
You will ensure the consistent practice of engineering processes and standards.
- Direct, lead, mentor and level-up a team of Software Engineers to execute on the current roadmap.
- Oversee our micro services (currently comprised of Java and Python services)
- Effectively manage the team as a highly technical and hands-on code mentor when needed
- Review design documents, perform code reviews and weigh in on implementation choices
- Elaborate, set-up and drive the team’s technical strategy in collaboration with peers at HQ to insure global technical teams are aligned
- Support and collaborate with cross-functional teams (Product, Data, Merchandising, and Operations) to ship scalable software solutions
- Design, architect and globally share technical documents
- Drive change management locally and actively participate in the global change management effort
- Provide the team the necessary support for efficient integration to the global mandates and overall strategic technical alignments.
- Identify and address communication gaps to maintain a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Propose technical solutions and process improvements that are based on data and experience and are testable / verifiable.
- Seek continual improvement in your organizations work and manner of working.
- 8+ years of directing and leading a team of software engineering teams
- 10+ years of overall experience managing teams/ efforts with the following technologies: Java EE, React, Python, OLTP, MySQL, Caching, Event Streaming …
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and manage technical teams, including performance management
- Developed and launched large scale cloud based consumer applications using MicroServices or SOA architecture paradigm
- Use your technical expertise and experience to provide guidance and strategic influence. Good proficiency in project management tools and methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Lean, etc…)
- Excellent ability to prioritize and communicate in a fast-paced environment
- BS/BA or Master degree in Computer Science, related field or relevant experience
- Proven adaptability, open mind, and a results focussed approach to your work.
For more info contact Eoin on 01 474 4613 or apply for this role online
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.