Senior Supplier Engineer | Galway | Permanent.
Our client, a global leader within the Medical Device industry is looking for a Senior Supplier Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
You will be a part of the Materials Supplier Engineering Team where you will be concentrating on all aspects of supplier selections, processes, and material changes.
What you will be responsible for:
- You will be the technical lead on teams which have representatives from various departments.
- You will be responsible for Establishing & Achieving business objectives of the Team in terms of Quality, Cost and Service.
- You will provide guidance to other functional areas in applying Supplier Management system requirements
- You will drive continuous improvement of quality and quality systems, service capability and total cost of ownership throughout the supply chain.
- You will support investigations of material quality.
- You will also ensure that adequate Corrective Actions are identified, implemented, and controlled by Suppliers.
- You will work with Procurement, Supplier Quality Engineering, Receiving Inspection & Business units to ensure that components meet established requirements.
- You will contribute to the development, maintenance and improvement of Supplier Management Policies and Procedures.
- You will develop new Supply sources with Procurement Team.
- You will identify and drive Material Value Improvement Projects (VIP’s) throughout the Supply.
- You will communicate effectively with all Internal & External Stakeholders.
What we need from you:
- Bachelor of Science (NFQ level 8/ 240 credits) in Engineering, Life Science or Physics.
- People management experience is mandatory.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in Supplier Management.
- Experience in Medical Device industry is preferred.
- 6 Sigma qualification an advantage.
- General knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards
- At ease working under general direction regarding the progress of projects and special assignments
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of Supplier interaction is an advantage.
What we can offer you:
- Comprehensive Benefits.
- Career Growth.
- Life - Work integration.
- The opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives.
If you are intersted in this job, please apply with a copy of your updated CV to Rebecca O'Connor at ROconnor@sigmar.ie
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.