The Investment Manager will be responsible for Portfolio Construction and Trading Separately Managed Accounts. This will be done by employing investment expertise, quantitative techniques, and technology to scale the investment processes across both taxable and tax qualified portfolios with a mix of single and multi-asset class strategies, investing in a range of securities, including stocks, bonds, ETFs, mutual funds, and separately managed accounts.
Experience and Education:
• Graduate degree in Finance, Economics, or Engineering preferred
• Three to five years of strong experience in an investment role
• Existing or active progress toward CFA credentials strongly preferred
Skills and Knowledge:
• Solid understanding of capital markets
• Deep understanding of portfolio construction, modern portfolio theory, quantitative portfolio construction techniques, and statistics
• Experience with portfolio optimization software such as Northfield, Axioma, or Barra a plus
• Experience with SQL, R, Java or Python, and data visualization with Tableau or Spotfire preferred
• Curiosity to investigate issues, creativity to develop solutions, and follow-through to see solutions to implementation
• Formulate and implement investment strategies based on market movements, tax code changes, trading, systems improvements, investment choices, etc.
• Proven ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment
• Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with an adaptable skill set and creative analytical skills
• Real passion for financial markets, technology, and innovation
• Excellent written and interpersonal skills
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.