An exciting career opportunity awaits with a global medical devices company based in Cork for a Supplier Quality Engineer on a 12 months' contract.
Job Responsibilities of Supplier Quality Engineer:
- Providing engineering support for activities related to supplier selection and evaluation.
- Contributing to the development, maintenance and improvements of supplier quality policies and procedures.
- Reviewing and approving all material and component specification drawings.
- As a Supplier Quality Engineer you will be assessing supplier capabilities through direct visits, technical discussions and quality system audits.
- Contributing to and participating in Material Review Boards & supplier performance reviews.
- Evaluating and establishing Supplied Data Agreements with suppliers.
- Working with product line engineering to assess and address material quality issues.
- Demonstrating a thorough understanding of related quality standards, including ISO and GMP.
- As a Supplier Quality Engineer you will be assisting in establishing and implementing Supplier QA Department improvement goals.
- Evaluating in conjunction with EHS new equipment/processes/chemicals for environmental impact/effect to eliminate or lessen such impacts/effects.
- Travel will be expected in this role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline (min Level 8)
- 2+ years experience in an Engineering / Quality role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with good leadership abilities.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Quality System Requirements
- Proven track record of working in a fast paced environment with strong technical capabilities
- Capable of handling multiple development aspects of assigned projects
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current job opportunity please contact Marcel Skolimowski on 021 4847 138 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.