Leading SSC is currently looking for a qualified accounting analyst with Fluent Spanish for a contract position - Cork based
The role of a GA analyst is to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the month end closing & related General Accounting activities. This requiers strict adherence to company policies while working closely with the European affiliates.
- Be seen as a "go to" information source for all GA related queries with full ownership for the Cash in Transit, Prepaid, Accruals on the balance sheet.
- Develop and manage monthly trial balance package for small/medium/large size affiliates including fluctuation analysis
- Ensure adherence to the standard month/quarter/year end timelines
- Ensure governance of, as well as support for, the external BPO team, regarding the quality and timeliness of accounting entries, clearing activities,
- Support global/regional GA projects
- Prepare/Review/Approve account reconciliations in accordance with internal reconciliation methodology.
- Review key GA metrics; communicate to stakeholders to ensure key deliverables are being met whilst identifying and implementing initiatives to improve.
- Work closely with local affiliate finance organization to understand current activities at the affiliate & ensure these are properly reflected in the financial statements. This includes preparing accounting entries as well as reviewing locally prepared accounting entries to ensure accuracy & completeness of entries as well as appropriateness of backup.
- Support the overall GA team by demonstrating flexibility in providing cover for team members and training of new team members
- 2 years’ experience in Finance
- CPA, CIMA, ACCA, Chartered Accountant or equivalent
- Knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS technical accounting
- Fluent Spanish speaker
Please contact Maria Sheehy at 021 4847131 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.