Senior Manufacturing Engineer
This is a permanent role based with a leading medical device company in Galway. This role will focus on an acquisition on a local basis. I'm looking for a technically strong Senior engineer who has experience with: process improvement, project management and NPI.
Your Responsibilities Include:
- You will work cross-functionally with R&D, Process Development, Quality, Production, Regulatory, Equipment Engineering, Supply Chain, and Marketing to ensure project success.
- You'll contribute to both new product development and current product support, typically including the following activities: process capability studies, process development, Six Sigma and Value Improvement projects, report preparation and process/test documentation.
- You need to have the ability to independently design and coordinate engineering tests and experiments including Design of Experiments.
- You will troubleshoot new and existing product/process problems related to design, material, or processes.
- Summarize, analyze, and draw conclusions from test results.
- Prepare standard reports/documents to communicate results to the technical community.
- May lead cross-functional project teams.
- Train and/or provide work direction to operators/technicians onsite.
- You will manage projects which include new production equipment, process improvements, and cost reductions while supporting day to day operations.
- Submit and manage Change Requests to support manufacturing changes.
- NFQ level 8 in Engineering or similar discipline.
- 5+ years’ experience within the medical device industry in a similar role.
- Proven organization and execution skills.
- Proven ability to solve technical problems and implement solutions.
- Proven leader and team player with the ability to drive tasks / projects to completion.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
As restrictions cease over time, there may be a requirement to travel overseas. For now, there is no travel involved in this role.
For more information, please contact Emma on 091 455 307.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.