As the EHS Manager, you will join a leading, global medical device company committed to saving lives and the environment. Accredited to ISO 14001 and 15001 standards, this role will focus on obtaining 45001 accreditation for the site in 2021, whilst driving other best practice EHS programs.
- Work with the Leadership team driving site and corporate EHS objectives
- Educate site on best practice EHS procedures and drive a focussed EHS culture
- Maintain certification in ISO 14001 and ISO 50001 and manage projects to attain and implement 45001 accreditation.
- Report on EHS monthly site metrics and reports for corporate as required.
- Build strong relationships, communicate and influence EHS policies and programs onsite to all levels, including European sites.
- Identify and take the necessary actions against activities that pose potential threats to employee’s health and safety.
- Implement and continuously improve the EHS Management systems to meet ISO14001 and 45001standards.
- Work closely with the EHS team and Operational Area Managers/Supervisors to continue development and implementation of EHS strategies to realize the site vision of a “injury/incident free workplace”
- Seek out opportunities to continuously improve a proactive EHS operating culture
- Lead specific EHS Projects and Initiatives as required.
- Manage the implementation and sustenance of EHS programs, compliance plans, and initiatives.
- Conduct & support routine EHS inspections and audits (Internal & External) to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, company EHS policies, procedures and practices.
- Conduct studies and prepare environmental impact reports which support site objective to reduce all forms of waste on site
- Effectively manage large scale emergencies including emergency response systems and ensuring hazardous materials and electrical systems risk management.
- Remain up to date on all matters related to EHS.
- Perform industrial wastewater management by preparing permits, monitoring wastewater treatment compliances and troubleshooting problems related to compliance.
- Conduct accident investigations to assist with liability and caution.
- Supervise the EHS team and be responsible for matters including interviewing, hiring, performance appraisal, training, employee discipline, termination, and work review/scheduling.
- HETAC Level 8 in Occupational Health and Safety or relevant discipline.
- A minimum of six years’ experience within a similar EHS role.
- Previous knowledge and experience of implementing ISO 45001/14001 systems is required.
- Demonstrated leadership and people development capability with excellent organisation and communication skills
- Self-starter with strong project management and problem-solving ability
- Previous experience of working closely with the EPA is an advantage.
For more information, please contact Emma on 091 455 307.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.