We are currently recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a Main Contractor
Purpose of Role
Manage multiple projects to maximize commercial returns whilst maintaining positive relationships.
- Track project deliverables and ensure that commercial and administrative systems, budgets and cost control procedures are utilised.
- Manage commercial teams to drive successful delivery of all projects and lead the commercial planning and implementation of project.
- Carry out an in-depth review of all tender documentation and identify any risk or potential gains
- Review and approve selected contractors /suppliers
- Ensure Contractual correspondence in accordance with contract terms inclusive of detailed analysis and documentation of EOT notifications and claims etc
- Continuously monitor the project to ensure that it stays on time and in budget
- Assist with and manage the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Reporting on actual costs v estimate and identifying underlying reasons for any variance and resolutions, highlight, challenge and resolve variance to latest plans.
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions.
- Ensure clients achieve their stated objectives through close teamwork, proactive cost control and the provision of contractual advice;
- Ensures Subcontracts are properly prepared and managed to reflect agreed scope including compliance with all responses to communications, payments, compensation events, programme submissions etc.,
- Ensure all project team members (including site staff) understand contractual arrangements to meet Client and partner requirements
- Develops and maintains strong client relationships and leverage opportunities for repeat business
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the various forms of contract used in the construction industry RIAI FIDIC JCT etc.
- Demonstrates commercial acumen – with advanced knowledge of the market and competition
- Knows how to negotiate and deal with conflict and has the ability to critically evaluate documents
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to build client & PQS relationships
For more details contact Thomas on 091 455302
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.