About the Company
You will be joining a multi-award winning, mechanical and electrical design consultancy who have now been in operation for just over 15 years and within that time have completed projects across various sectors, including; residential, commercial, retail, data centre, sports, leisure, micro-electronic, healthcare, educational, municipal, high tech and pharmaceutical.
This consultancy have built a strong reputation and take great pride in their quality of design and have a strong focus on ensuring their designs are detailed, innovative, practical, economical, socially responsible and sustainable (completing projects with strong LEED and BREEAM ratings).
This consultancy have won various awards within the last few years, for both their projects and as a company themselves, including; "Fit Out Consultancy of the Year", "Engineering Firm of the Year", "Best Company to Work for", and, "Employer of the Year".
About the Role
You will be joining one of the company's 5 teams as a Senior Electrical Design Engineer where you will gain the opportunity to work a wide range of projects across the Commercial, Residential, Mixed-Use, Data Centre and Pharmaceutical projects, with a mixture of working in the office and on-site.
Within this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the Electrical Services design
- Designing and specification of electrical services
- Producing detailed Schematics
- Developing electrical design standards within the organisation
- Mentoring of junior engineering staff
- Providing fully detailed tender packages and monitor installation/quality on site until project completion
- Tender reporting / analysis / recommendations
- Developing project scope with design team / client
- Producing budgets and reports for clients
- Working with multiple software, including; Microsoft Office, Autocad, Dialux, Amtech, REVIT
To be eligible for this role you will ideally hold a relevant third level qualification in Electrical Engineering and have experience/knowledge with the following:
- Leading projects from concept stage to completion
- Liaising with clients, architects and project managers
- Experience with the specification and design of Electrical Building Services systems for a range of projects
- Experience working with multiple software, such as; Microsoft Office, Autocad, Dialux, and, Amtech. Experience working with Revit would also be an advantage.
- Position requires thorough knowledge of electrical design and engineering techniques
- Deep knowledge of ETCI, CIBSE, IEC, BS, IS and EN Standards
- Experience in working as part of a team
What to do Next
If you are interested in this role and would like to discuss further, click apply or also, feel free to get in touch via the details below.
If this role isn't right for you, but you would still like to have a confidential discussion about what you're looking for, also feel free to get in touch too.
Phone: 01 4744 658
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.