Senior Microbiology Analyst
- The Senior Microbiology Analyst will carry out testing of a range of sample such as water, in process, pharmaceutical product release samples.
- The testing they will carry out will include Endotoxin, Bioburden, Sterility and water sample testing.
- Provide support with Biological Indicator testing, Growth Promotion, Media Preparation, Identifications and Autoclave.
- Writing technical reports
- Perform analytical testing as a main priority with efficiency and accuracy
- With a high degree of technical flexibility, work across diverse areas within the lab
- Plan and perform multiple, complex routine/ non-routine methods and procedures and a large variety of assays.
- Report, evaluate, back-up/archive, trend and approve analytical data.
- Troubleshoot, solve problems and communicate with stakeholders.
- Initiate and/or implement changes in controlled documents.
- Participate in audits, initiatives, and projects that may be departmental or organizational in scope.
- Write protocols and perform assay validation and equipment qualification/verification.
- Introduce new techniques to the lab, including method transfers, reports, validations and protocols.
- Evaluate lab practices for compliance and operational excellence improvement on a continuous basis.
- Approve lab results.
- The Senior Microbiology Analyst may participate in investigations, provide guidance, train colleagues.
The Senior Microbiology Analyst will have a degree in Science with 3 years relevant QC experience in a microbiology laboratory.
They should have relevant QC experience in a microbiology lab where they would have carried out testing such as: endotoxin, bioburden, sterility testing, environmental Monitoring, Rapid Micro techniques, Microbial Identification, Media prep, Water Sampling.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.