Systems Analyst – OO Design, Java, UML
The Systems Analyst assumes the role of a Subject Matter Expert for the products. As a Senior Analyst you will work as part of Product Engineering, eliciting requirements for product development, growing product in line with customer, market and business needs and enhancing our existing products.
You will provide support to teams on all product related matters, working as part of a cross functional engineering scrum team, as well as working closely with Product Owners, Architects and our customers to produce high quality, on-budget, fit for purpose solution designs. This role requires that you work with a commercial and customer focus at all times, providing estimates for solution design and continuously increasing product and market knowledge to enable us to meet customer and market requirements.
Responsibilities for this role:
- Understand and analyse customer and market requirements and business value, challenging and questioning features and identifying matches to existing core product functionality or product gaps.
- Engage early with our business sponsors to understand the business value for product enhancements, contributing to the understanding and definition of high level requirements through research, analysis, spikes or exploration activities.
- Support teams in a Subject Matter Expert (SME) capacity on issues that requireProduct suite expertise.
- Work in a scrum team in an Agile manner to provide software design capability required to deliver high quality, on-budget, fit for purpose solution designs which meet customer and market business needs.
- As a senior member of the team, carry out all tasks with a strong focus on delivering quality solutions that are in line with Product Growth Strategy, within agreed timelines and with an acute awareness of the commercial impacts of design decisions, risks and delays.
- Produce high quality artefacts for proposed solutions to meet customer and market requirements, including screen mock-ups, scenarios, use cases, user stories, etc. with associated estimates for delivery of work.
- Work as part of a scrum team to identify technical requirements as the basis for construction, including data modelling, functional changes and underlying updates to framework.
- Ensure that business, market and architectural needs are understood by your team and that the team can deliver business value and meet its delivery goals.
- Manage Risk; early identification of project risk, with appropriate communication, management and escalation of issues in a timely manner, with a strong focus on risk minimisation and issue resolution.
- Focus on continuous improvements in process and product to increase productivity and quality.
- Support and mentor other team members, influencing feature development and solution direction using knowledge of legacy solution and design.
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience in the software industry, with at least 4 years of experience in an Analysis and\or client facing role.
- The ability to translate complex business requirements to deliverable solutions that meet customer and market business needs is critical to this role. Experience with both green field projects and enhancing existing solution designs.
- Experience in modelling complex data in a structured and flexible manner using OO Analysis and Design (OOAD) & notation (UML).
- Experience with an Object-Oriented Language such as Java
- Experience in Requirements management from upfront Requirements gathering and facilitation, to clarification and traceability of requirements.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to drive solutions and influence decision making.
- The ability to manage risks and issues is critical to this role.
- Scope Management is critical to this role.
- Knowledge & understanding of the financial services industry a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge and understanding of agile development methodologies an advantage.
- Knowledge of CRM, Claims Management or Policy systems is an advantage.
- Structured Analysis and Design methods, e.g. Object-Oriented analysis and design.
- Data modelling tools, e.g. Visual Paradigm, etc.
- Screen design tools, e.g. Balsamiq, MS Visio, etc.
- Experience with an Object-Oriented Language such as Java/C++ a distinct advantage (or any other programming language).
- Knowledge of SQL and experience of database platforms such as SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, etc. an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of Agile methodologies desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge and experience of Cloud computing, AWS, desirable but not essential.
- Strong Excel and Word skills.
For more info contact Eoin on 474 4613 or apply for this role online
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.