This role will work cross functionally between Informatics Operations, Purchasing, Warehousing, Quality, Logistics, Freight, Informatics Sales, Development, Marketing and Customer Services.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Working with multiple carriers, he/she will manage carrier performance in line with customer expectations and SLA’s, ensuring standardized practices are followed, while maintaining control of costs and services used.
- The candidate will have had significant exposure to service providers of air, sea and road freight plus express parcel whilst having a strong knowledge of customs procedures and International trade documentation requirements.
- The job holder will be comfortable analysing data and providing reports to management on KPI’s and varying projects.
- Working with both Domestic, Distribution & International Customer Service teams and aligning freight services to customer expectations for these regions.
- Manage high volume daily parcel courier shipments and follow up on outbound delivery issues and queries, while keeping all relevant teams informed
- Ensure delivery schedules are maintained and implement corrective actions where necessary, while reporting on performance
- Compile and analyse historical shipping information.
- Monitor trends to help identify process and cost improvements.
- Support the efforts to improve the performance of the service providers by organising Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Support various logistics projects.
- Third Level Degree or equivalent in Logistics Supply Chain or similar
- 3+ Years Import/Export freight experience
- Quality Management System and process experience
- Strong computer skills
- Proficient in MS Office including Excel, Word, Power-point Outlook, Project and Sap as an advantage
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- To facilitate the interaction with sites on different time zones, occasional out of hours working required
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal across cultures)
- Ability to lead meetings (by phone, video conference and face to face) to drive results and build relationships
- Travel as required (advance notice to be provided)
To apply for this position please contact Louisa Poinboeuf at Sigmar Recruitment T: +353 91 455308 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Sigmar will never forward your CV to a third party without prior consent
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.