Senior Microbiologist (Plant Microbiologist) | Permanent | Athlone.
Our client, a leading medical device company are looking for a Senior Microbiologist to join their team in the Athlone site. This role is a permanent position.
As the Plant Microbiologist you will have the responsibility and authority to provide scientific support for microbiological evaluation of medical devices as well as processes and materials.
This position requires knowledge of ethylene oxide sterilisation per ISO 11135 and the Microbiologist should have strong report writing skills.
- You will be responsible for completion of sterilisation validations and cleanroom microbiological evaluations.
- You will be providing technical guidance to engineers as well as project management.
- You will be developing, validating, and implementing controlled environment methods.
- You will be preforming various microbiological or chemical evaluations encompassing USP / AAMY biological testing, ETO residuals and other alternative sterilization methods.
- You will be managing the sterilization and microbiological testing necessary to meet both manufacturing and regulatory requirements.
- You will provide technical support for new product development and manufacturing processes related to microbiological quality.
- Bachelor of Science degree is required (Level 8). Master’s degree in Microbiology or other life sciences is preferred
- 5+ years of medical device industry experience in microbiology and sterilization.
- General math’s, general and analytical chemistry knowledge.
- Knowledge of Ethylene Oxide sterilisation as per ISO 11135.
- Knowledge of medical device sterilisation methods and medical device GMPs.
- Knowledge of Cleanroom environmental monitoring.
- Good oral and written communication skills
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.