My client, a well known Medical Device company in Galway is looking for an experienced Demand & Supply Planning Manager to join their growing team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for demand, supply and replenishment planning for product portfolio over 10,000 SKU’s.
- Develop monthly supply plan and define optimum DC inventory levels and replenishment plan for assigned products at across the responsible markets
- Duties include reviewing and distributing production, work, and shipment schedules; conferring with department supervisors to determine progress of work and completion dates; compiling and analyzing reports on progress of work, inventory levels, costs, and production problems.
- Responsible for identifying improvements in core S&OP processes, such as defining stock levels, optimal transportation routes, minimizing wastes due to scraps, expiry, etc.
- Work with vendors and manufacturing partners to ensure supply plan and schedule optimizes manufacturing productivity.
- Activities may include analysis, planning and forecasting in the areas of production, materials handling, purchasing, inventory management, warehousing, and transportation and distribution.
- Analyze potential impact of forecast and production schedule changes on procurement and production volume.
- Communicate supply related issues to management and impacted areas.
- Create, communicate and track weekly schedules including non-commercial builds and builds for custom orders.
- Identify and implement opportunities for continuous improvement in Planning and Scheduling processes
- Liaise with purchasing and warehousing to minimize and dispose of slow moving, obsolete, and expiring inventory.
- Review and update Planning and Scheduling SOPs to ensure accuracy.
- Complies with ISO, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures.
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
- Minimum 7 years of progressive global planning experience in a global supply chain environment.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in global/regional purchasing, category management, inventory management and planning
- Experience of supply chain in medical device industry is an advantage.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Supply Chain, Engineering, Business, Computer Science, Maths or Data Science is a required
- Ability to travel globally as required (with advance planning)
- A strong track record of collaborating with and influencing multifunctional, globally dispersed teams, with a project environment preferred
- Experience of presenting to Global Executive teams
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills necessary required to lead process changes.
- Strong analytical skills required
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.