Senior Electrical Project Engineer - Substation Project
One of the country's busiest organisations involved in power engineering and services is looking to recruit an experienced electrical project engineer with a strong background in high voltage design and installation.
The company is growing and with a broad pipeline of new projects, can offer excellent career development opportunities.
You will be involved in the following activities if successful in application:
• High level design for a 220 kV substation project and ancillary infrastructure
• Reviewing third party designs with a view to improvement and cost effectiveness
• Checking for design gaps or potential issues in project specifications
• Reviewing contract documents, employers requirements and specifications for the project
• Monitoring relevant procurement and delivery of key equipment by contractors with consideration for project schedule
• Attendance at site review meetings to ensure that progress of the project works is monitored
• Review and answer technical queries about equipment and specifications from site during the construction and commissioning phases
• Work as an integral part of the commissioning process in latter stages of substation delivery
You will need to have the following experience and qualifications to contend for the position:
• Degree qualification in Electrical Engineering
• At least 5 years’ experience in high voltage transmission and distribution power systems including high level design, specification and construction
• Demonstrated high level design relating to switchgear, power transformers and underground cables
• Experience working with system operators and national power companies
In addition, you will demonstrate the following qualities in terms of teamwork and developing strong project relationships:
• Taking Ownership in delivering key project elements
• Judgement/Decision Making
• Development of effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The company offer an attractive salary, benefits and a professional and friendly work environment.
If you would like to be considered and have relevant experience, please contact Richard Walsh at Sigmar at 01 4744688 for a confidential conversation - or apply using the accompanying link.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.