About the Company
The company itself has been established for just over the past 5 years' following the owner expanding the company from his own business and has been expanding successfully since then.
Although still quite young, they have been going from strength to strength, and they've already built an extremely strong client list and an excellent project portfolio, with work spanning across the mixed-use, residential, commercial, hospitality, and, retail sectors.
Within projects, they provide complete mechanical and electrical package from design through to installation and commissioning, priding themselves in offering the best possible service to their clients.
About the Role
Within this role, you will be joining an intimate but growing team which will allow you to play a key role in the company’s continued success and offers a great opportunity for your own progression.
Within this role, you will be working alongside the Electrical Contracts Manager, working between both the office and on-site, where you will have excellent exposure working across all project stages and coordinating with other relevant professionals, including; Engineers, Electrical Foreman, Tradesmen etc.
Some responsibilities you will have in this role include:
- Assisting in the project tendering process and developing engineering alternative solutions
- Undertaking a full design review of drawings, specifications and schedules
- Liaising with clients and suppliers to develop design solutions
- Production and editing of coordination drawings
- Lead the project procurement process
- Prepare and submit technical submittals
- Manage the BCAR certification process
- Assist in the preparation of Heath & Safety risk assessments and method statements
- Preparation of operation and maintenance manuals
- Assist in the tracking of project budgets
To be suitable for this role, you will ideally hold the following qualifications/competencies:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering/Electrical Services Engineering or Building Services Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of principles and theory of electrical processes and equipment utilised in construction projects within Ireland including fire alarm and emergency lighting standards
- Full clean driving license
- Excellent computer skills – MS Packages (Word/Excel/Outlook/Project), AutoCAD
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Strong team work ethic
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of health, Safety and Environmental systems and procedures
What you will receive in return
This role offers a competitive salary, but most importantly, for the right person this role will open a great opportunity to play a key role in the company's future growth and success, as they continue to go from strength to strength.
Along with this, you'll get the opportunity to be involved with a variety of well-known projects which will provide a challenging but interesting role, helping you develop your own skills and experience across a variety of project sectors.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.