This is a full time, permanent position.
- Oversee the daily Transport operational activity at the depot in Cork
- Responsible for the line management of the Transport team, Fleet and garage activities
- Pro-actively manage Health & Safety issues and ensure legal compliance for the Transport Team
- Manage staffing levels to ensure effective resource management of the Bulk Driver team
- Mentor, develop and train the team
- Participate in the hiring process of new employees
- Hold regular one to one’s and periodic reviews to set goals and develop the team
- Design, implement & deliver KPIs, produce statistical system data reports and other measurable data to further drive efficiencies
- On-call responsibility as well as availability for our out of hour incidents
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role which will include experience with the direct management responsibility for a team of drivers, garage facilities, vehicle fleet and associated budgets
- Mechanical experience with maintaining Diesel Trucks is a strong advantage
- Transport Management (BSc degree) Level 7 or Transport CPC or alternative level Logistics Qualification
- Sound knowledge and experience in using IT systems.
- NEBOSH Certificate is a strong advantage
- Dangerous goods transport (ADR) experience an advantage
- Hold (or be working shortly towards) a CPC in Road Transport qualification
- Bonus scheme
- Company car
- Company pension
- Private medical/dental insurance
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.