Permanent Opportunity for a Purchasing Manager with an Employer of Choice based in Cork
- Liaise with Engineering and Project teams at project start-up to get an understanding of the scope and timelines
- Liaise with the project team to generate the bid list
- Collate specifications, technical and quality requirements
- Detailed analysis of returned bids, reporting and presenting the results to the project team
- At all times following the procurement process whilst also being mindful of time constraints
- Perform expediting activities as requested from project teams
- Highlight risk and supply issues to project team
- Build relationships with existing and potential new suppliers, ensure due diligence is carried out for all new sources of supply.
- Build strong inter-departmental relationships
- Input to analysis of supplier relationships, metric and performance
- Be responsible for all procurement requirements / transactions on ERP System for assigned projects
- Interface with finance regarding invoice queries relating to price / quantity discrepancies
- Support continuous improvement culture
- Work harmoniously as a member of the procurement team, contribute to a positive team environment
- 4-5 Years Experience working in a Purchasing role in the Construction Industry
- Relevant Third Level qualification in a Purchasing/Supply Chain or related discipline
- System orientated with excellent Microsoft skills and experience of using ERP
- Well-developed interpersonal and communications skills
- An excellent communicator with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical disciplines, both internal and external.
For more information on this and other jobs call Nicola McCarthy on 021-2359146 or email your CV to email@example.com
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.