My client in the renewable energy space is looking for a Transport Manager to join there Dublin depot.
Duties of the job:
- Responsible for the daily operations of the distribution depot, management of the team, transport management and health and safety.
- Overseeing the HGV vehicle fleet, drivers and Garage facilities.
- Ensuring all Health & Safety issues are ahered to.
- Overseeing day-to-day challenges including systems, vehicle maintenance, access to sites, adverse weather and traffic conditions that may require immediate resolution to maintain service integrity.
- Visiting customer sites to carry out risk assessments where deemed necessary.
- Mentor, develop and train the team to improve efficiencies and meet individual, team and company goals.
- Focus on the continuous improvement of Depot operational performance and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Design, implement & deliver KPIs.
- On-call responsibility as well as availability for our out of hour incidents.
Requirements of the job:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role which will include experience with the direct responsibility for a team of drivers, garage facilities, vehicle fleet.
- Transport Management (BSc degree) Level 7 or Transport CPC or alternative level Logistics Qualification.
- NEBOSH Certificate is a strong advantage.
- Dangerous goods transport (ADR) experience an advantage.
- Customer facing logistics experience is an advantage.
- Strong communication, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Strategic thinker.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.