Great new opportunity for an EHS Specialist to work for a leading Medical Device company in Galway. The EHS Specialist will be an individual contributor but will have the support of a global EHS team. You will be directly involved in the development and administration of site environment, health and safety programmes with special emphasis on employee safety and education.
- Develop and maintain Global EHS standards, policies, systems and programs applicable to the site.
- Drive and lead the site EHS function to align with corporate goals and develop programs and continuous improvement efforts.
- Provide EHS leadership and direction for management, professional, technical and support staff across the site.
- Ensure systems are in place to enable site to operate in legal and ethical compliance with regard to EHS issues.
- Provide business perspective, strategic and tactical direction to develop and implement EHS initiatives for the EHS long range plan.
- Authority to represent the company externally on matters related to EHS with external regulatory agencies and non-government organizations.
- Maintain a broad understanding of local, regional and global EHS regulations and practices for area of responsibility.
- Providing training materials and conducts training as required.
- Conducts with supervisors/managers of departments, regular inspections of work conditions and practices.
- As requested, review the environment, safety and health aspects of new substances, equipment, plant modifications and layout.
- Modifying as necessary and maintaining the facility’s emergency response plan.
- Planning, scheduling, and conducting facility wide fire and evacuation drills.
- Maintain and update IT reporting databases and generate monthly and quarterly EHS performance reports to senior management.
- Leading the site Energy Reduction Program to align with corporate goals.
- Revise the site safety statement as required and ensure all employees are familiar with its content.
- Promote employee awareness / training on matters of environment, health and safety.
- Other duties as assigned by senior management.
- 10 - 15 years of EHS related experience. Preferably Pharmaceutical or Medical Device.
- EHS related Engineering Bachelor’s Degree and/or Master’s Degree
- Understand and complies with all the regulations governing Occupational Health & Safety and the environmental systems, including knowledge of; ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and ISO 50001.
- Development of practical, applicable standards and/or policies that meet business objectives.
- Technical expertise in the EHS function as well as technical writing and business communications.
- Ability to actively listen, build and maintain effective working relationships with internal/ external colleagues and stakeholders, and resolve conflict
- Ability to successfully manage projects and programs.
- Must be able to organise and prioritise tasks and be detail orientated and self-motivated.
- Must have excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
If you are interested in this EHS Specialist role, please send your resume to email@example.com or call me on 091 455 300 for more information.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.