Procurement Manager, Corporate Services Division
Duties of the Job:
Lead, co-ordinate and deliver a wide range of effective procurement programmes covering a broad range of goods and services
- Prepare the Council’s Corporate Procurement Plan.
- Manage and maintain contract and procurement databases.
- Develop and manage delivery of full life cycle tender competitions across a wide variety of individual and framework, services and goods contracts.
- Interface with suppliers and staff to ensure efficient account management of purchasing controls leads to adequate service levels, contract management and value for money.
- Provide professional procurement advice and consultation to senior managers and departments.
- Develop procurement strategies, processes, and systems that provide appropriate governance and controls.
- Deliver cost reductions through the implementation of modern and professional strategic purchasing techniques ensuring compliance with relevant legislation.
- Lead and establish as appropriate evaluation teams and/or stakeholder groups to ensure activities are conducted in line with Irish and EU Procedures.
- Ensure implementation of any audit recommendations.
- Provide support to the Director of Corporate Services.
- Other ad hoc duties that may arise within the broader Finance/ Purchasing remits.
Qualifications and Experience of the job:
- A recognised qualification in public procurement (or a commitment to work towards a qualification).
- A minimum of 4 years recent experience in Public Procurement.
- Possess the requisite knowledge, skills and competencies to carry out the role.
- Experience of working with an Enterprise Resource Planning System (SAP) or similar is desirable.
- Experience of running full life cycle tender competitions.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of managing contract negotiations with suppliers and customers.
- Excellent administrative and high level of proven IT skills.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.