My Client based in the City Centre is looking for an experienced Warehouse Manager to join there team on a 6month contract.
This person is responsible for the warehouse operations, ensuring a safe work environment and staff training and housekeeping are maintained to the highest standards. Responsible for implementing agreed processes, driving and delivering ongoing process improvements. Ensure workload is distributed fairly and in accordance with procedures. Deliver the daily tasks focusing on accuracy and meeting agreed timelines.
Role and Responsibilities
- Managing a team of up to 40 warehouse operatives – Oversee the recruitment, training and development of the warehouse team.
- Responsible for the accuracy and delivery of all services provided by the warehouse
- Monitor the activity reports and react accordingly
- Manage holiday and sick leave in accordance to procedures
- Ensure staff meetings take place, minutes issued, and actions followed accordingly
- Work closely with HR on staff disciplinary meetings
- Responsible for housekeeping in all areas of the warehouse
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security
- Achievement of internal KPI’s
- Excellent Communications Skills (written and oral)
- Previous experiences and knowledge of WMS / Excel and Word applications
- Logistics Industry Experience
- Strong people management experience
- Ability to communicate effectively to Senior Management
- A team player
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Previous Warehouse Management experience.
- Flexibility to meet business requirements.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.