About the Company:
You will be joining a successful M&E design consultancy who have a long successful history spanning over 50 years, where they have been involved in a number of iconic projects that have shaped Dublin City and will continue to do so long into the future.
Their projects span globally and across all sectors including commercial, financial, healthcare, retail & leisure, government, education, industrial, and manufacturing.
They design and oversee the installation, operation and monitoring of the mechanical, electrical and public health systems required for the safe, comfortable and environmentally friendly operation of modern buildings, both for new builds and refurbishment projects, achieving this by using several methods of design, such as BREEAM, Passive Design & BIM.
The Business Systems are BIM Level 2 Certified. The industry certification is conducted by BRE Global, a world leading independent certification body, and its certification is one of the most highly regarded in the construction sector. This scheme has been designed to enable certified businesses to demonstrate compliance with the PAS91-2013 and assesses our business, relating to our BIM policy and capability as defined within PAS 1192-2:2013 and PAS 91 as well as assessing the ability of our business to meet the requirements of an employer to carry out a BIM capability assessment.
About the Role:
You will be joining the company as their BIM Manager, where you will gain the opportunity to head up a team of 6 and work closely alongside the management, where you will be responsible for implementing and maining the BIM Standards and Processes within the office.
Within this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Reporting directly to Company Management regarding the Development and maintenance of existing BIM Accredited Standards, CDEs and overall Implementation Strategy.
- Management of and development of in house BIM technician team and model production.
- Management of BIM implementation strategies, training and support of colleagues regarding BIM Revit software, regular auditing of project information.
- Competently Project Manage BIM Level 2 projects while also providing mentoring and leadership to all BIM staff.
Management of all aspects of BIM software packages, including installing, configuring, maintaining, and supporting all BIM installations locally as well as analysing and solving BIM user issues.
- Collaborating with other location BIM personnel to decide on upgrades to software, processes, systems and BIM strategy.
- Act as Project Interface, providing support to each project team by managing and creating content library files and templates, creating and enforcing standards, and evaluating project models.
- Management, implementation and upkeep of all relevant BIM standards etc., ensuring all BIM Coordinators are trained to the required level.
- Provide IT/technology support as it relates to BM production including troubleshooting problems and liaising with vendors and other support channels.
- Management and provision of training and continuing education as required to staff on all BIM software, processes and new technologies.
- Keep up to date with most recent technologies and thinking in the BIM space by attending conferences, seminars, and workshops for BIM; bringing back learning and disseminating the information to appropriate teams.
What you need to succeed:
To be successful for this role, you will ideally possess the following Qualifications/Experience:
- Ordinary/Foundation/Bachelor’s Degree in BIM or Engineering
- Revit training essential.
- 5+ years’ experience in design, drafting or engineering production, using 3D Modelling tool.
- 5+ years’ experience using REVIT MEP in a design consultancy or M&E Sub-contractor
- 5+ years’ experience of BIM Management in an MEP firm.
- Experience in Residential, Commercial, Educational, Healthcare and Industrial projects.
For more information:
If you would like to get a confidential discussion in rleation to this role and/or similar roles, feel free to get in touch via the details below:
Phone: 01 4744 658
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.