You will be joining a Leading Mechanical and Electrical Contractor who have an excellent record spanning across over 50 years where they have successfully completed projects across Ireland, the UK and Northern Europe.
Providing full mechanical and electrical contracting services, as well as, specialist high voltage (HV) and medium voltage (MV) design and construction services to clients, their work spans across a varied range of sectors, such as; Data Centres, Life Sciences, Industrial Manufacturing, Substations and Renewables, Petrochemical and Commercial.
At the heart of this company is its people, currently standing at 1000+ employees, they pride themselves in their employee engagement, learning and development and progression opportunities.
They offer tailored services to all their staff across all levels, from their Apprenticeship and Graduate programmes to CPD courses and Further Education opportunities for more experienced staff, their aim is to help all staff maximise their potential.
In conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project as follows:
- Collate all design documents and drawings
- Attend project Handover Meetings
- Evaluate value engineering or cost saving opportunities
- Preparation of co-ordinated drawings covering all aspects of the installation including mechanical, electrical sprinkler, structural and architectural elements
- Review and understand project design specifications and drawings and access compliance of co-ordinated drawings and technical submittals.
- Assist in the production of weekly progress reports
- Assist in the compilation and assessment of Technical Submittals.
- Processing requisitions, generation of purchase orders.
- Receipt verification (RV) of equipment and materials arriving on site.
- Seek to clarify queries with the design team through the request for information (RFI) system.
- Understand the commercial fundamentals of a project including profit plans, potential variation logs and take offs’ etc
- Liaise and co-ordinate with members of the design team, contractors and in-house project team on technical and commercial issues.
- Attend technical meetings with members of the design team, contractors, and in-house project team
- Carry out document control, recording & transmitting information utilising File Key.
- Prepare method statements and risk assessments for production activities
- Organise and assess the work of sub-contractors.
- Carry out Quality Control through inspections and snagging including walking down of P&ID’s, and layout drawings.
- Population of test packs and tracking of same
What you need to succeed
To be eligible for this role, you will ideally possess a 3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering, Building Services Engineering or have a Strong Trades background.
Along with this, you should also have gained the following experience/qualities:
- 10+ years relevant experience in a similar role
- Experience working on large data centre projects in-excess of €10 million.
- Experience working as the P.S.C.S. (main contractor)
- Excellent knowledge of the Project Manager role
- Detailed knowledge of Engineering
- Commercial knowledge and understanding
- Health, Safety and Environmental systems and procedures
- Ability to juggle and manage many priorities
- Ability to plan and programme
- Strong Time Management skills
- Assess relative risk and allocate time according
- Lead and motivate the team
What you will get in return
Not only will you gain the opportunity to work with a market leading contractor working on a number of high profile projects, but you will be joining a “Gold Accredited Investors in People” company who put their staff first and can provide you with an excellent opportunity to build on you skills and knowledge, as well as, helping to progress in your own career.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.