Our client is currently recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their team based in the West of Ireland, this will be covering
projects based in Mayo/Sligo/Galway
The successful applicant will report to the Commercial Director and will be responsible for managing the Commercial/Quantity Surveying functions of the contracts to maximise commercial success and profitability.
Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Establishing, monitoring and maintaining reporting arrangements, resources and client relationships.
- All Quantity Surveying duties including re-measurement, preparation of monthly progress applications and settlement of final accounts.
- Preparation of interim progress applications for payment and internal valuations.
- Procurement of subcontractor and specialist suppliers.
- Interim payments and settlement of subcontractors’ final account
- Negotiate with client’s representatives and other consultants
- Advise on commercial risks within the project or projects.
- Preparation of monthly contract cost reports and management accounts information.
- Preparation of Cost Preliminaries.
- Ensure that sub-contract documents are properly executed prior to project commencement.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- At least 5 years’ experience in Commercial Management/Quantity Surveying role
- A broad knowledge of Public Works contracts
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Good commercial and business acumen and IT literacy
- A third level qualification in a construction related discipline; preferably Quantity Surveying
- Must hold a full drivers licence
For more info you can contact Aileen on 0906 413973 or you can forward your CV to email@example.com
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.