Senior Business Analyst – Business Transformation, multi-industry experience (12 month FTC salaried)
This senior role is responsible for the definition, documentation and mapping of the business & technical processes to enable the delivery of Strategic IT Programmes and realisation of targeted value to the organisation.
• Build strong relationships with the business and develop an in-depth understanding of business areas and their key drivers to support effective business change to realise the benefits of proposed initiatives.
• Work with the business to investigate, analyse, challenge and review business requirements, and identify, shape and evaluate ideas.
• Define, document and manage functional and non-functional requirements in line with agreed standards and guidelines.
• Work with the business to develop process maps to further understand the business and support requirements identification
• Engage in continuous improvement activities including post-implementation reviews and feedback from the business in order to incorporate learning into future work, and utilise best practice tools, frameworks and methodologies when managing requirements in order to support a culture of continuous improvement within the function.
• Work closely with Architects and Developers to gain understanding of the feasibility of requirements, to ensure there is accurate interpretation of business requirements into IT specifications and to ensure the correct solution is delivered to meet business needs.
• Work closely with Quality Assurance to support the preparation and execution of system and user acceptance testing.
• Responsible for day-to-day oversight of Business Analysts assigned to same project, providing guidance and regular feedback as appropriate, keeping their line manager informed to assist their development and ensure the work delivered is of a high quality. Provide mentoring, guidance and advice to less experienced colleagues to ensure that work is conducted in an appropriate manner.
• Delivery of the IT Strategic 3 Year Plan including systems and change solutions (~€10-15M)
• Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in Business Analysis or equivalent discipline, typically 7+ years’ experience, ideally with an Application development background.
• Solid business analysis skills including analytical thinking, managing ambiguity and requirements management
• Ability to produce concise and accurate specifications of business needs
• Ability to work in a team and collaborate
• Possess a keen stakeholder focus with effective negotiation & influencing skills
• Good verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills. Good presentation skills including confidence working at all business levels
• Self-starter with the ability to show initiative and work without supervision
• Ability to deliver under pressure and to tight timelines
• Primary Degree in a relevant discipline
• CBAP, CPRE or equivalent
For more info contact Eoin on 01 474 4613 or apply for this role online
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.