Senior Information Security Officer
The IT Systems department manages all aspects of our IT operations supporting office workplaces. Being part of this team means playing a fundamental role in supporting how our business operates and driving improvements in our daily operations.
Security, both technically and operationally, is fundamental to the effective running of our operations. With that in mind we intend to enhance our team through the recruitment of a senior information security officer.
The right candidate will be someone stepping up from a senior infrastructure/security or operations position who is looking to progress into a leadership role, or a current ISO who is looking for an exciting new project.
They should be results driven and comfortable pushing the security agenda company-wide and across all levels of seniority. An ability to both understand complex technical issues and communicate these to non-technical employees is essential.
As the senior information security officer, you will set out the company wide security strategy, implement security standards and monitor compliance against security policies agenda. The senior information security officer will report to the Chief Information Officer.
If you’re hoping to join an established company with excellent benefits, an exciting, collaborative working environment, where you can make a real impact, we’d love to hear from you.
- Coordination of the implementation of group IT Security policies and requirements, and monitoring of compliance.
- Research and provision of solutions for gaps identified by internal/external reports or emerging new threats, in cooperation with group level.
- Directing staff in identifying, developing, implementing and maintaining processes across the organization to reduce information and technology risks.
- Responding to incidents, establishing appropriate standards and controls, managing security technologies, and directing the establishment and implementation of resulting policies and procedures.
- Specifying and supervising the technical implementation of preventive IT security measures
- Organisation and coordination of external and internal IT vulnerability assessments, following up the remediation of findings.
- Consultation and support of ongoing business projects along with project management of technical projects in the area of compliance and IT security.
- Provision of expert advice on security related issues to the internal IT teams and the wider business.
- Reporting the status of group information security to the Chief Information Officer and other relevant internal parties.
- Producing a training and development plan for staff with influence on matters affecting IT security.
- Ownership of the national cyber security awareness program, ensuring C suite awareness of current and emerging threats.
- Coordination and oversight of on-going internal and external technical and compliance audits, and remediation of potential findings.
- Minimum 3-5 years + experience in a senior information security or similar IT leadership role, ideally gained within a large international organisation.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate, influence and negotiate with senior stakeholders to obtain results and instigate change.
- Highly motivated & flexible with the ability to work under pressure and on own initiative.
- Demonstrate good judgement in navigating challenging issues and in recommending an appropriate course of action.
- In depth technical level comprehension of networking, databases and/or business applications showing a strong understanding of relevant subject matter.
- A deep understanding of vulnerability management and associated monitoring solutions, tools and awareness of industry best practices.
- Excellent project management skills with an ability to set and achieve goals, meet deadlines and multi-task.
- Experience of formal security risk assessment methodologies.
- A working knowledge of ISO27001 & ISO27002 standards an advantage.
- Professional certification in IT Security a distinct advantage – CISA, CISSP, CISM, CRISC etc.
For more info contact Eoin on 01 474 4613 or apply for this role online
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.