Your new company
You will be joining a Leading Mechanical and Electrical Contractor who have an excellent record spanning across over 50 years where they have successfully completed projects across Ireland, the UK and Northern Europe.
Providing full mechanical and electrical contracting services, as well as, specialist high voltage (HV) and medium voltage (MV) design and construction services to clients, their work spans across a varied range of sectors, such as; Data Centres, Life Sciences, Industrial Manufacturing, Substations and Renewables, Petrochemical and Commercial.
At the heart of this company is its people, currently standing at 1000+ employees, they pride themselves in their employee engagement, learning and development and progression opportunities.
They offer tailored services to all their staff across all levels, from their Apprenticeship and Graduate programmes to CPD courses and Further Education opportunities for more experienced staff, their aim is to help all staff maximise their potential.
Your new role
You will be joining the team as a BIM Engineer, where you will be reporting to the BIM Lead and collaborating with the BIM Team and various other specialisms within the business.
Within this role, your key responsibility will be to deliver all 3D and 2D co-ordination milestones on each project.
This role itself is a project specific role, which will also provide the interesting opportunity to be involved hands-on with projects working on-site when allocated to specific projects and then working within the office when between projects, where you can provide assistance on other projects and tenders, as well as, working with the overall BIM Development.
Some of your responsibilities will also include:
- Detailing of 3D elements needed for design and co-ordination
- Production of 3D model files through Revit and where needed Fabrication Cad
- Production of 2D co-ordination and installation drawings
- Ensuring that detailed model files are co-ordinated and clash free
- Taking direct instructions from BIM lead on all design issues
- Administration of Vault files
- Clash detection of submitted files
- Daily building of federated model
- Ensure all files submitted in correct format
- Attend weekly co-ordination meetings when requested
- Support all parties working within the BIM process
What you need to succeed
To be eligible for this role, you will ideally need the following:
- 3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Building Services Engineering or Strong trades background coupled with a BIM qualification
- A minimum of 4+ years’ experience within a BIM Coordination function
- Mechanical or Electrical background and have a proven track record in a similar role
- Proven ability to lead a team
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to short deadlines
What you will get in return
Not only will you gain the opportunity to work with a market leading contractor working on a number of high profile projects, but you will be joining a “Gold Accredited Investors in People” company who put their staff first and can provide you with an excellent opportunity to build on you skills and knowledge, as well as, helping to progress in your own career.
If you are interested in this role, or would like to get a chat about additional opportunities, feel free to call me on 01 474 4658 or email me on email@example.com.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.