- You will develop, establish and maintain quality engineering methodologies, systems, and practices which meet regulatory requirements. Serve as a Quality representative to improve awareness, visibility, communication on quality initiatives to support departmental, functional, site, divisional and corporate quality goals and priorities. Provides focused quality engineering support within new product development, operational, or system/services support.
- Provides engineering support for activities related to supplier selection and evaluation, material qualification, supplier performance and receiving inspection.
- Contributes to the development, maintenance and improvements of supplier quality policies and procedures.
- Provides guidance to Purchasing and Engineers in applying supplier quality system requirements.
- Reviews and approves all material and component specification drawings.
- Provides engineering guidance to Receiving Inspection technicians including statistical analysis, measurement techniques and documentation.
- Assesses supplier capabilities through direct visits, technical discussions and quality system audits.
- Contributes to and participates in Material Review Boards.
- Contributes and participates in supplier performance reviews.
- Evaluates and establishes Supplied Data Agreements (Ship to stock Programmes) with suppliers.
- Works with product line engineering to assess and address material quality issues.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of related quality standards, including ISO and GMP.
- Assists in establishing and implementing Supplier QA Department improvement goals.
- Evaluates in conjunction with EHS new equipment/processes/chemicals for environmental impact/effect to eliminate or lessen such impacts/effects.
- Strong team member with the ability to identify and drive quality improvements.
- Ability to work on own with minimum supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Travel will be expected in this role.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science or Quality Assurance, (min HETAC level 8)
- 2-5 years experience in an Engineering / Quality role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with good leadership abilities.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Quality System Requirements
- Candidates should have a proven track record of working in a fast paced environment with strong technical capabilities and be capable of handling multiple development aspects of assigned projects
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.