This is a great opportunity for an IT Support Engineer with minimum 1 year experience to join a worldwide Insurance Agency based in Galway on a permanent basis. You will work within troubleshooting and providing support to internal employees.
What you will do:
• Provide general IT support and maintenance to internal and external staff.
• Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications.
• Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
• Answer all incoming phone calls helping external and internal staff with faults.
• Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults.
• Writing procedural documentation.
• Supporting the roll-out of new applications.
• Setting up new users, accounts and profiles and dealing with password related issues.
• Prioritising and managing many open issues at one time.
• Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals (e.g. multiple Department Supervisors).
• Keep abreast of new technology to ensure we are utilising the best methods for our staff.
• To ensure that all regulatory guidelines are adhered to, for example PCI.
• To adhere to the Company’s procedure in accordance with Data Protection / GDPR.
• To support Managers to manage the key risks within your department.
What you need:
• Previous experience of working in a 1st line support environment – Min. 1 year
• Microsoft Windows Server experience
• Active Directory user administration.
• Experience of Avaya Telephony systems.
• Knowledge, exposure and/or competence with Exchange Management Console, Group Policy Management Console, DHCP, and/or LANDesk, would be highly advantageous.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.