Our client is currently recruiting a Finishing Foreman to join their team based in West Cork.
Under the supervision of the Senior Site Engineer, the Finishing Foreman has the responsibility for delivery of the designated work area, safely, on time to the client’s satisfaction. S/He also has the responsibility for the progress, completion and outcome of the designated work section. The Finishing Foreman leads the construction of the designated work section, always under supervision of the Senior Site Engineer. The Finishing Foreman ensures that the coordinated subcontractors have all the available details, drawings, information and resources to deliver what is expected of them.
The Finishing Foreman ensures that compliant/acceptable permanent and temporary works are provided in a safe, professional and practical manner to targets in the Target Construction Schedule and look-ahead schedules. Furthermore, s/he has to ensure full and proper coordination, records and reporting to deliver compliance, sub-contract management and adherence to cost plans in an overall effective manner.
- Leads Health and Safety for the designated work section and coordinates with the Health and Safety team along with other departments to ensure a secure and safe project.
- Ensures provision of all training/communication to minimize the risk of Accidents; Incidents and Emergencies.
- Enforces good Construction Practices & housekeeping to achieve low risk high productivity on site. Coordinates information with other work sections to ensure a real delivery to programme.
- Coordinates with the Superintendent for any kind of common action ensuring a logical sequencing of construction.
- Liaises with, coordinates, manages Subcontractors to effectively plan and deliver work.
- Records and reports Subcontract changes in methods/plans/acts that impede or improve delivery. Monitors the works against approved Cost Plans to avoid always any additional expense.
- Check that all approvals; permits; authorizations and checks are in place prior to proceeding.
- Ensures or orders materials and consumables and assesses reordering or dead stock levels along with the reception on site.
- Ensures protection and preservation of materials and of the works until handovers or completions.
- Understanding of the drawings and setting out of the work units.
- Planning the works in a daily basis and lead the team works along with the assignment of the work´s task under the quality, H&S and design requirements.
SPECIFIC ROLE REQUIREMENTS:
- Third level qualification in construction
- Experience in construction for 5 years’ +
- Experience in residential projects is required
- Strong computer skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project
- Experience with software applications such as BIM360, AutoCAD, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of construction operations and procedures
For more info you can contact Aileen on 0906 413973 or you can forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.