Our Client is currently recruiting for Estimator to join their team office based in North Dublin.
To support the Business Development Manager in all pre-contract commercial matters including contract and supply chain management, estimating, tendering, scoping, pricing and forecasting direct costs and preliminaries. The role will also require working knowledge of multiple forms of contract and the ability to assess contractual and project risks. The Estimator will be mentored by the Commercial Director and the Business Development Manager, as required.
- Analyse drawings, specifications and other documentation to coordinate the production of reliable bill of quantities and estimates;
- Review contract/ tender/ prequalification documentation to understand commercial risks associated with individual projects;
- Supporting the procurement of subcontract packages, suppliers, vendors and consultants, including performing tender analysis to ensure best value for money is achieved;
- Assessing cost effectiveness of products, services, materials, etc which may be considered as value engineering proposals during the tender period;
- Produce forecasted cash flows for tenders and projects;
- Produce high-level budgets for tenders and projects;
- Promote the Value Engineering alternatives to be proposed and considered at tender stage;
- Promote innovative thinking;
- Liaise with other contractors and our supply chain partners;
- Provide input on project bid narratives;
- Facilitate handover of commercial information to the Contracts Manager/ Commercial Manager at project award;
- Liaise with other team members to ensure the tender price is robust;
RECRUITMENT SPECIFIC ROLE REQUIREMENTS: Essential
- Third level qualification in Quantity Surveying;
- Minimum 4-7 years’ post third level experience;
- Good understanding of Public Works Contracts and NEC;
- Experience in buildings and civils projects;
- Strong IT skills using Excel, Build soft, BIM and PowerPoint;
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently;
- Excellent communication, written, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Organised and good presentation of work; and
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment to tight deadlines and budgets.
- Contributory pension;
- 23 days annual leave which increases annually (to a maximum of 29 days) following 2 years’ service;
For more info you can contact Aileen on 0906 413973 or you can forward your CV to email@example.com
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.