A prominent pharmaceutical manufacturer is looking to recruit an experienced automation engineer for a contract position in the South Leinster area.
You will be interested in the job opportunity if you enjoy supporting a technical team in the installation of control systems for new and upgraded production areas. You will
need previous control systems industry experience in aseptic / cleanroom environments and experience in mentoring others in such environments to apply for the job.
The job also involves working closely with the automation and IT teams internally and with vendors providing high spec equipment.
Carlow 2 AIT teams responsible for the full Automation and IT scope and with vendors and partners with responsibility for delivery of systems.
• The Senior Automation Engineer will have responsibility to the delivery and qualification of equipment OEM controls systems while adhering
to all technical, quality and data integrity requirements.
• Develop and review requirement specifications - functional, design, and test specifications
• Work closely with vendors of relevant equipment to ensure deliverables meet project requirements, including the inereface with systems such as MES and Pi Historian.
• Liaise with the QAIT function and ensure their requirements are met in all deliverables.
• Participating in Hardware and Software FATs and SATs.
• Support the development of project schedules and document trackers.
Knowledge, Skills, Education required:
• Fluent in English, written and verbal.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role involved in delivery of control systems
• Experience in the following systems: Siemens PLCs, HMIs and Historian Software.
• Excellent IT skills, proficient in the use of Microsoft tools: Excel, SharePoint, Word and PowerPoint.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
• Relevant Computer Science or Engineering degree or equivalent
The job is an interesting opportunity for an Automation Engineer to further develop their career; salary is at an attractive level. If you are interested in the position, please send your CV for review to Richard Walsh at Sigmar - Richard can be contacted for further information at 01 4744688.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.