Exciting opportunity for an Automation Engineer to join a pharmaceutical company based in Waterford.
- Always comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental policy and associated procedures.
- Continuously promote a positive safety culture by challenging yourself and others to prioritize safety in everything you do.
- Ensure all work carried out, follows the required standards, conforming to company, cGMP, cGLP, SOP’s and regulatory guidelines.
- Facilitate internal resources and outside vendors in developing technical solutions for automated equipment. Interface with equipment vendors to ensure successful equipment delivery, integration and validation.
- MaintainPLC automation systems in a validated state in compliance with site change control.
- Understand the requirements of computer systems validation and ensure compliance is maintained.
- Act as operations support for Fill Finish and Oral Dose facilities.
- Providetechnical and automation core competency support, including possible off-hours, remote and onsite coverage.
- Provide technical and automation training to Operations and Engineering personnel on an as-needed basis
- Ensure automation systems are maintained appropriately.
- Adhere to a Life cycle management process for automation systems.
- Support process investigations and troubleshooting as required.
- Interface with Operations, IT, QS and QA groups to successfully validate software systems.
- Support delivery of projects as required, through the review and sign off of specifications, designs and commissioning protocols. Attendance at FAT’s etc.
- Support disaster recovery and back up procedures and processes to ensure business impact is minimized in the event of a failure.
- Support the integration of Fill Finish and Oral Solid Dose equipment into the Plant Network
- Provide automation requirements and implement solutions for new products and/or capacity expansions
- An Engineering degree in Electrical, Electronics, Electro-mechanical or equivalent training/experience.
- Minimum of 3 year’s engineering experience within Industry, preferably Pharma.
- Experience with Siemens S7 PLCs and WinCC flexible desirable.
- Experience clean room environment a plus.
- Experience working in a cGMP/FDA/HPRA regulated environment.
- Knowledgeable with latest industry standards and guidelines on C&Q, including ISPE/ASTM
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current job opportunity please contact Marcel Skolimowski on 021 4847 138 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.