An expanding pharmaceutical plant based in Cork is looking an Automation Engineer to join their team. Ideal candidate will be reporting into the Project Lead, specifically responsible for MES Systems (Werum PasX)
You will work closely with the MMD IT teams responsible for the full Automation and IT scope with vendors/partners with responsibility for the delivery of systems.
- Develop and/or review System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) deliverables, compliant with company standards.
- Work with MES vendor in development of systems architecture, specifications, controls strategies, sequence of operations through all design stages
- Participate in Hardware and Software FATs and SATs.
- Provide input to the development of project schedules and document trackers.
- Participate in, and support, relevant project meetings.
- Liaise with stakeholders on the overall project to ensure clear communication between all parties.
- Required to comply with Global Policies, Procedures and Guidelines, regulatory requirements and execute current Good manufacturing Practices (cGMP) in the performance of day to day activities and all applicable job functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or the Life Sciences.
- Fluent in English, written and verbal.
- 3 years + experience in a similar role, ideally in the Pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in the commissioning of MES on site in a GMP manufacturing environment.
- Technical proficiency on controls systems including familiarity with control panels, networking, panel/field wiring and PLC control systems.
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in the use of the following Microsoft tools: Excel, SharePoint, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Relevant Computer Science or Engineering degree or equivalent
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current job opportunity please contact Marcel Skolimowski on 021 4847 138 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.