My Client, a leading oil distributor, is seeking an experienced Transport Manager who will lead and motivate and team of 30 drivers and be responsible for the fleet and stock movements.
Duties of the job
- Focus on driving operational efficiency improvements across all aspects of the supply chain.
- Responsibility for the day to day planning and scheduling of multi-drop deliveries to customers and daily stock movements.
- Manage the rigid fleet and routing ensuring customer-first approach is adopted and balanced with operational efficiency.
- Manage all drivers, dealing with recruitment, training and remuneration while maximising driver and vehicle utilisation (including double shifting).
- Ensure correct resource management is implemented to maximise seasonal demand spike potentials
- Manage the fleet maintenance and replacement to minimise downtime and repairs whilst maximising return on investment.
- Report and analyse key performance indicators and operational metrics focussed on maximising profit; such as driver utilisation, vehicle utilisation & customer satisfaction.
- Manage 3rd party hauliers balancing their use with internal spare capacity to yield optimum own fleet efficiency.
- Ensure a high standard of safety is maintained.
- Responsible for HSA/regulatory and compliance matters
- Carry out inspections of stock holding locations and vehicle parking
- Manage insurance programme as it relates to transport
- Prepare and manage budgets
Technical Skills and Experience
- Proven track record and experience of at least 5 years in a transport/logistics management role
- Experience in managing the planning and load scheduling for multi-drop deliveries
- Experience of dynamic routing software would be an advantage
- Strong IT Knowledge essential especially Word and Excel
- Practical experience of legislation and regulatory requirements for the transportation of hazardous goods is desirable
- Ability to read demand trends and provide appropriate action plans, and where necessary workaround plans
- Experience of coaching, mentoring & motivating drive teams
- Demonstrates an understanding of the overall business and the commercial & strategic opportunities facing the company and uses this knowledge to improve results
- Degree or qualification in Supply Chain, Logistics, Transport Manager CPC or relevant qualification is desirable.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.