The warehouse manager will be responsible for the day to day running of the warehouse while leading and creating a high-performance culture based on the pillars of customer focus, quality and continuous improvement through the motivation and engagement of the team.
Duties of the job:
- Ensure the efficient and economical utilization of facilities for receiving, storing and distributing of a variety of products (raw materials, spare parts, kits etc.).
- Manage, and continuously improve, the assigned metrics in compliance with company’s vision/policies and best-known visual supply chain practices.
- Develop and recommend improvements in warehouse practices to promote efficiency, faster service, and lower costs.
- Maintain correct standards of health and safety, hygiene and security.
- Ensure that productivity targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes are running smoothly.
- Prioritize, allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs.
- Supervise staff to ensure that all warehouse activities, and all machines/equipment is operated safely.
- Develop and implement a professional development program for the team together with HR.
- Prepare a budget and operate within the approved budget.
- Proactive engagement with suppliers on optimum delivery method to meet the needs of the internal customers at lowest possible cost.
- Proactive engagement with QA team to ensure that material is available to meet the needs of the internal customers and support replacement deliveries if needed.
- Responsible for accuracy & quality of data input into the ERP and Warehouse Management System.
- Resolution of any goods-inward issues and manage stock control process together with Purchasing & Finance.
- Coordination with Logistics and Transport with respect to deliveries to internal/external customers.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years work experience as a warehouse manager.
- Expertise in warehouse management & logistics procedures and best practices.
- Service minded, customer focused and team player with strong leadership skills.
- Knowledge and implementation experience in world class supply chain management methods and tools (lean, 5S, Kanban, JIT, consignment stock etc.)
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives.
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators.
- Hands on experience with warehouse management software and databases.
- Leadership skills and ability to manage staff.
- Strong decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- BS degree in logistics, supply chain management
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.