Our client is currently recruiting for a Senior Engineer to join their team on a Residential project in Shannon, Co. Clare.
Leading the setting out and site operations of a Residential project of €10-20m, controlling the Safety, Cost, Planning, Technical, Programme and Execution of the works of all construction processes, coordinating the work supply chain and project site management.
- Reviewing, coordinating and accurate setting out according to the construction drawings, specifications and overall Works Requirements (WR).
- Reviewing material and works specifications including developing Technical Submissions (TS) and Value Engineering Proposals (VEP).
- Implementing the Quality Plan strategy and associated Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) Reviewing construction Methodologies and ensuring compliance with specifications.
- Manage and coordinate subcontractor daily/weekly progress meetings, workshops and follow through with planned actions.
- Stablish construction sequence, monitoring, updating progress reports and productivity reports.
- Reviewing, maintaining and controlling site records and contemporaneous records relating to works, installation, materials and labour.
- Input into a one team culture and approach to delivering the project to the Time, Cost, Quality and Corporate Responsibility targets and deliverables, acting at all times in the best interests of the Joint Venture.
- Contributing to the Health & Safety culture on the project, including, site set up, temporary works, method statements, of the workforce on the site (including JV staff). Showing leadership across the project.
- Providing visible leadership and leading by example to operation team and supply chain, valuing and developing our people, both staff and operatives.
- Maintaining and enhancing the JV relationships, and ensuring the JV is recognised as a high performing team.
- Maintaining good relationships with the Client, Designers, sub-contractors, and other stakeholders, conducive to securing future work.
- Deliver the project to cost, time and quality.
- Ensure all Construction management plans, BREEAM and Waste management plans are adhered to.
- Ensure Engineering Excellence is in place throughout the duration of the project.
- Develop and agree, through collaboration, a logical sequence of key project milestones & activities, ensuring that the most economical / advantageous construction strategy is adopted & communicated.
- Liaise with the Project Team & Subcontractors to ensure that the programme’s critical path is clearly understood and owned by the site management team.
- Interface & work with the other Senior Management Team.
- Develop & own the relationship with your counter-part in the Client’s project Team.
- Mentor and assist in developing the highest standard of employees. Promote knowledge sharing and learning for the development of a team able to ‘think outside the box’.
- Take responsibility for personal development and training for technical, Health & Safety to meet both external (legislation etc.) and internal (increased performance etc.) demands.
- Accountable for minimising the negative impact of operations and maximising opportunities to improve the quality of the built environment for future generations.
- Develop and consider innovative solutions and approaches.
- Share best practice and apply principles in community involvement. Make our performance visible and maximise the beneficial impact of our activities.
SPECIFIC ROLE REQUIREMENTS:
- Degree or any relevant degree related with the outlined experience requirements.
- 6-8 years’ experience working on site based projects, Residential would be advantageous.
- Relevant experience on digital setting out of construction and civils.
- Expert in all tools related to digital and visual presentations.
- Outstanding communication skills both oral and written.
- Focussed on the key message.
- Extremely pro-active, self-driven and enthusiastic.
- Success driven and results oriented.
- Flexible and highly capable to working within a diverse, multi-cultural environment.
For more info you can contact Aileen on 0906 413973 or you can forward your CV to email@example.com
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.