Our client is currently recruiting for Construction Project Managers in the Greater Dublin area. Candidates will be required to demonstrate capability and experience in dealing with challenging projects. Our client is looking to hear from ambitious Project Managers looking to progress their career, you will have excellent communication and negotiating skills with a proven record working on major projects within the Irish / UK industry. You will be responsible for delivering project on time, on budget to the highest quality and safety standards.
You will be supported in your role by a Contracts Manager, with career progression available. This is a great opportunity to join a prestigious main contractor.
- Project Management, in compliance with company policies, procedures and Building Regulations
- Good knowledge & understanding of the GCCC Form of Contract as well as RIAI Standard Forms of Contract
- Good knowledge & understanding of the Building Control (Amendment) Regulations 2014
- Good technical knowledge of building processes and details
- Ensure compliance with Quality, Environment & Health & Safety Management System to ISO 9001, 14001 & OHSAS 18001
- Co-ordinate construction of projects to meet programme, budget & specification.
- Co-ordinate Site Meetings with the Design Team & Subcontractors
- Manage and direct site staff and all subcontractors
- Monitor construction, with regard to quality of workmanship and materials
- Co-ordinate and liaise with Construction Team to ensure that all subcontractors and site personnel have timely and accurate information.
- Chair & recording of meeting with sub-contractors, design teams or the like
- Close liaison with the Project QS to monitor cost control, identify variations and procurement of subcontractors.
- Ensure compliance with drawings, specifications, building regulations and good building practice
- Check and understand all drawings and specifications. Ensure that any errors / omissions are formally communicated to the Design Team in a timely
- Ensure that the Design Team members supply all requested information on time
- Production and revision of the contract and sub contract programmes
- Ensure company owned plant and equipment is maintained in good working order
- Ensure timely provision of essential reports, records, information and services i.e. site diary, RFI:s, Emails, Contractors Reports, Programme etc
Ideally degree qualified with a Minimum of 3 years +’ experience with Main Contractor in Ireland or the UK as a Project Manager on £10m+ projects Motivated individual with excellent negotiation/communication skills, confidence to “think on your feet” and hold a strong commercial awareness Excellent IT Skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, including Planning Software – Microsoft Project, Asta or the like would be advantageous.
If you feel you have the required skills and experience, and are interested in joining a highly respected company with the opportunity to progress your career, you can contact Aileen on 0906 413973 or you can forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.