Our client is currently seeking experienced and talented Estimators to join their high performing project teams office based in Limerick. Reporting to the Senior Estimator/Commercial Director.
Purpose of Role
Generate best-price tender submissions that will successfully win contracts in a competitive budgeting situation.
- Produce estimates by gathering proposals, quotes, specifications and related documents.
- Identify opportunities and deficits in the tender documents that provide commercial leverage.
- Obtain quotes from subcontractors and suppliers; compute costs and maintain a fit-for-purpose cost database.
- Analyze, evaluate and perform risk analysis on supplier and subcontract packages
- Work with the QS function in pre-contract negotiations.
- Liaise with the Chief Estimator and senior management on contractual concerns and ensure that all necessary notices and submissions are met in a timely manner.
- Engage with the commercial/project team to agree budgets prior to the pre-start handover meeting.
- Manage and control preliminary budgets for tender process.
- Ensure client relationships are maintained throughout commercial negotiations.
- Compile and maintain costs data reports.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with key
- Review technical publications; track price trends and regulatory changes
- Good knowledge of construction outputs, and of labour, plant and material prices.
- Financially numerate with strong commercials knowledge.
- Good understanding of data analysis methods.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication and negotiation abilities
- Ability to manage tender documentation and punctual with reports.
- 5+ years work experience in an estimating capacity with project management background
- Third level qualification in engineering, construction, quantity surveying or related field
For more info you can contact Aileen on 0906 413973 or you can forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.