An opportunity has emerged for a Automation Engineer in county Kerry. This key position requires a highly motivated and ambitious individual whose primary focus is on the design and implementation of automation systems.
As Automation Engineer you'll
- Distinguish between project specific or new requirements and standard requirements
- Manage automation requirements, ensuring all requirements are fulfilled
- Maintain / update project schedule
- Document automation functions and present to customers
- Design automation support systems e.g. fibre and copper network infrastructure, PLC bus systems (Profinet, CANbus, Modbus, Interbus).
- Manage the integration of automation sub systems and solutions, ensuring overall automation function is delivered.
- Ensure electrical design engineers are aware of electrical requirements, where necessary prepare electrical interface drawings.
- Liaise with software developers, commissioning engineers & production and installation departments
- Liaise with the service department to support in the training of personnel on new systems and provide support to resolve customer complaints.
- Where new development is required, participate in selection and testing of suitable sub-systems and new technologies.
Perfect Person for the Job
- Level 7 Engineering Degree in (Automation / Electrical / Electronic / Mechatronic)
- Programming knowledge and experience of Safety and Non-safety PLC systems using Codesys
- SCADA systems development knowledge
- Understanding of Performance Levels (PLr / SIL)
- Familiar with Zuken E3 or similar drawing package
- Confident at challenging the status quo and open to adapting new technologies or techniques
- Experience with ABB PLC’s an advantage
If interested in this job Apply with your CV to Evan Long - Apply TODAY!!
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.