Head IT Project Delivery (Agile) – Financial Services experience
Lead a mufti-disciplinary function with overall responsibility for the all aspects of the Continuous Delivery capability within the IT Delivery Division. The role is accountability for the strategic and operational leadership of multiple teams encompassing direct management and/or matrix management of Development, Quality Assurance, Agile Lead, Project Management and Business Analyst resources to deliver our application change portfolio agenda.
The role is responsible for leading the development, capability maturity and embedding modern delivery practices and techniques such as Agile Delivery and Product Management across a range of disciplines and will work in collaboration with peers, functions and teams in support of all project delivery needs.
As part of the IT Delivery leadership team the role is responsible for supporting the Head of Division in all aspects of divisional leadership and therefore will be responsible for helping in areas such as vendor engagements, budget management, people and culture development, innovation etc
- Provide leadership and development of direct reports through effective direction, delegation, performance management and coaching to ensure all staff members can achieve the required performance standards and meet their own job enrichment/development objectives
- Design, deliver and embed an enterprise level framework for greater agility in application delivery that considers all aspects of people, process and technology ensuring it supports the strategic goals of the organisation. Ensure it can be expanded beyond application delivery and is applicable for all types of technology change. Foster the roll out and uptake of the framework to peer functions and teams in the wider technology directorate.
- Drive a continuous improvement and always learning culture. Foster a function with a strong customer ethos and ensure high levels of ownership and accountability at all levels of the function. Oversee and manage the operations of the functional area to ensure they are fit for purpose and conducted effectively and efficiently.
- Deliver the project and product change portfolio assigned, ensuring full alignment with enterprise governance requirements. Manage demand and resources effectively, working with planning teams, PMO, procurement colleagues and other services as required. Ensure all aspects of risk, budget, vendors, procurement and legal are engaged and managed effectively.
- Ensure all continuous delivery teams aligned to products or technologies such as CRM, SharePoint, Transactional systems, data solutions and others is driven and matured in relation to service management and value demonstration.
- Build strong relationships with senior users and stakeholders within the organisation to be a trusted partner and ensure that strategic and delivery commitments are delivered on. Support maturity in our business in the use of agile delivery models and drive support for new business responsibilities such as product owners etc.
- Contribute to the development of the overall strategy for the Division and Directorate to ensure the objectives and strategic outcomes for the Division, Directorate, and the organisation as a whole, can be realised.
- Certifications in application delivery or modern software development and quality practices such as Agile, Product Management, and Quality Assurance are desired.
- A minimum of 10+ years’ experience, in a senior IT role in a complex IT environment in financial services , 5 of which should be managing large teams of 30+ with diverse portfolio delivery responsibilities with multiple and diverse stakeholders, preferably in a Financial Services environment.
- Extensive understanding of software engineering, product management, quality assurance and business analysis domains in complex enterprise environments.
- Experience of developing and delivering strategic change with demonstrable delivery of capability improvements in complex environments.
- Experience of strategic development, planning and delivery with emphasis on modern delivery practices.
- Experience of leading teams for effective delivery in diverse and complicated environments with a wide and diverse application portfolio.
- Familiar with technologies and processes associated with modern software delivery inclusive of all relevant domains from analysis, assurance, engineering, architecture, lifecycle and operational management.
- Experience of leading or significantly supporting cultural change in technology teams to embrace new processes, technology or practices.
- Strong people and team leader with demonstrable experience in shaping a vision and fostering a high performance culture to achieve same.
- Familiar with industry practices, technologies and trends and shows the ability to bring new ideas and methods to enhance and mature the divisional capability.
- Proven track record of operating at the most senior level to translate business vision into operational delivery.
- Proven ability to critically assess complex/ once off issues and problems with the ability to distil significant volumes of information, identifying solutions for root causes of issues and pro-actively deliver solutions.
- Experience of public procurement and tendering, legal, PM and support services.
- Strong strategic thinking
- Strong people management, coaching and leadership skills including the ability to manage through people in multiple teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in particular the ability to relate to senior management and staff.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, decision making, planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent capability in influencing change both with technology and business colleagues.
- Pro-active team player who can work across a diverse agenda fully in support of leadership goals and across all facets of divisional leadership.
- Strong stakeholder management with the ability to build positive relationships.
- Acting professionally, ethically and with integrity including being an exemplar for key principles and behaviors.
- Embraces areas of opportunity to drive performance, value, culture and work to deliver the org’s mandate for the good of the organisation.
For more info contact Eoin on 01 474 4613 or apply for this role online
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.