Senior Electrical Engineer
I'm recruiting for a Lead Electrical Engineer to work closely with the Embedded Software and Mechanical Engineering teams to design, prototype, validate, and certify next-generation industrial sensing equipment.
As the Lead Electrical Engineer, you will lead the development of mixed signal systems while working with the software and mechanical engineers to ensure the development of robust products that can operate in highly variable industrial environments, while supporting and sustaining our legacy products lines through their later life cycle stages.
- Lead the execution of product design, validation, and certification of industrial grade electrical systems
- Evaluate system level requirements by brainstorming with Product Specialists, Product Managers, and other peers throughout the organization
- Develop system architectures for multi-channel data acquisition and signal processing products
- Support sustaining and obsolescence activities across a broad product portfolio
- Support the creation and implementation of process-driven design decisions (CPO; NPI and NTI; Operations, Sales, and Service support)
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent from an accredited college or university
- 5+ years’ experience with design and verification of industrial products
- Experience with schematic capture and layout tool such as PADS, and Altium.
- Familiarity with hardware debugging at board level using oscilloscope, bus analyzers, digital multimeters, etc.
- Capable of concise and effective written and verbal communication
- Effective communicator within technical and non-technical environments
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to perform in a team environment, across functions, and with customer and suppliers
For more information, please contact Emma on 091 455 307.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.