My client, a leading medical device company in Galway, is looking for an R&D Technician to join their expanding department.
- Support Engineering team in building and testing prototype samples for verifications and evaluation.
- Test, analyze, troubleshoot and provide technical solutions to resolve issues that arise with ventilator products products.
- Work with manufacturing and suppliers to procure parts and samples needed for internal and external testing.
- Maintain lab and lab equipment in a safe and organized manner for use by Engineering team.
- Support plant production goals by resolving technical and related electronics issues as they arise in production.
- Work with external labs to complete testing and certification of products.
- Perform operations in accordance with established safe working procedures, regulations, standards and general safety rules ensuring that attention is given to special hazards associated with the particular area of work.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of a level 7 degree in Electronic or Mechanical Engineering (or closely related discipline).
- 2+ years experience in an Engineering environment with Medical Device Industry experience an advantage.
- Willingness to work on a broad spectrum of sub-systems, ranging from analogue, microprocessor, transducer interfacing, power supply and pneumatic based designs.
- Experience using and maintaining standard lab equipment (oscilloscopes, logic, PSUs, multimeters etc).
- Experience of working with quality system requirements, within a regulatory framework and formal design controls is desirable.
- Excellent Problem Solving Skills.
- Ability to manage workload on own initiative.
For more information, please call Emma on 086 780 8679.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.