Do you have 10 years+ experience in the energy sector with an awareness of the area of power systems analysis and an interest in impacting major national grid level projects?
If you do, you will be interested in a current opportunity for an experienced and innovative leader with one of the country's most significant energy companies. The organisation is focused on the an effective and safely functioning power system, and their environment is fast-moving and very collaborative.
The positions is a permanent job based in the Dublin area close to public transport links. Requirements for applicants include:
- demostrated technical awareness of power systems and their impact on energy policy
- track record in leading teams of engineers and technical experts to deliver on strategic objectives
- ability to show a strategic focus in previous roles, particularly in innovation
- knowledge of relevant research institutions and ability to build relationships with these and similar organisations
- budgetary and planning skills
- strong analytical and problem solving skills
- track record in excellent communication both informally within teams and formally such as in reports and presentations.
- ability to act as a "thought leader" in influencing organisation and stakeholders regarding issues in the energy sector
- Lead and motivate a high performing team of technical experts and ensure an engaged and motivated workforce to succeed in relvant key projects
- Develop an innovation strategy to deliver on future energy targets set by the organisation
- Drive an innovation culture within the organisation
- Develop and manage research budget
- Leading on the research agenda with research and innovation institutions.
- Ensure effective research is carried out into potential new technologies for energy and power systems that can help the organisation work towards overall goals
Overall, the position will suit and ambitious and active leader who will will take responsible for organisation-level innovation Strategies and follow up with implementation.
If you are interested in a role such as the above and hold relevant experience in the energy sector and power systems, please send your application to Richard at Sigmar - see link below or to email@example.com.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.